Beginning in 1979, SCP Auctions has become one of the largest auctioneers of vintage sports cards and memorabilia in the country. Our advertisements can be seen in all major trade publications, and we maintain our presence at the major shows across the country. SCP has worked with some of the biggest names in the sports collectible field and has presented many hall of fame player collections at auction including Casey Stengel, Lefty Grove, Bob Cousy, Honus Wagner, Arthur Ashe and Wilt Chamberlain. Our auctions consistently achieve record prices, setting several price records for different pieces of sports memorabilia and cards.
David Kohler, Frank Ceresi, Allen Miller, Clay Hill and Calvin Arnold have over 100 years of hobby experience between them. We have the knowledge to help virtually all collectors and investors with any questions they may have. Whether you’re interested in 19th century material, high grade PSA / SGC / GAI cards, game worn equipment and jerseys or singles and sets we have the experience and integrity to satisfy your collecting passion.
We also conduct professional written appraisals for insurance, estate, court related, or donation purposes under the strict legal requirements of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (U.S.P.A.P.). For all professional appraisals please contact Frank Ceresi, our Director of East Coast Acquisitions located in the Washington D.C. area. Frank can be reached at +1 703 558.3699 or email Frank at Frank@scpauctions.com.
SCP Auctions is constantly striving to uncover incredible collections of material and offer the most interesting, valuable and unique collectibles brought to public auction. Our unrivaled selection of auction material will be sure to satisfy even the most advanced collectors desire for unusual and often unique material. We also offer everything a new collector needs to get started in the sports collectibles field. We’re happy to offer suggestions and guidance on how to get the most out of your collecting budget no matter the depth of your pockets.
We pride ourselves on customer service and speedy response to any issues and inquiries. We’re proud to call many of the nations top collectors clients and more importantly friends. We value our relationships with collectors and consignors alike and know we couldn’t do what we do without active participation from both buyers and sellers.
Some of SCP’s more memorable auctions and private sales have included:
- The Finest known T206 Honus Wagner tobacco cards graded PSA NM-MT 8 – $2,800,000
- Babe Ruth’s signed bat used to slam the first home run in Yankee Stadium – $1,265,000
- The contract selling Babe Ruth from the Red Sox to the Yankees – $996,000
- Ball hit by Barry Bonds for career home run #756 breaking Hank Aaron’s all-time home run record – $752,467
- Ball hit by Barry Bonds for career home run #755 tying Hank Aaron’s all-time home run record – $186,750
- The Bob Cousy collection of basketball memorabilia – $455,000
- Honus Wagner’s 1907 Tiffany Sterling Silver “Loving Cup” presented to him by the National League – $93,240
- Arthur Ashe’s pair of Haggar solid gold presentation trophy tennis balls – $144,000
- Original plaster cast of the Heisman trophy sculpture from 1935 – $228,000
- Mickey Mantle’s First Major League Home Run Ball – $189,750
- Sandy Koufax’s 1963 No-Hitter Game Worn Spalding Frank Bolling Model 42-212 Glove – $126,500
- The first baseball pitched at the 1912 Grand Opening of Fenway Park – $132,000
- Casey Stengel’s 1951 World Series Championship Ring – $180,000
- Casey Stengel’s 1957 AL Champions Cuff Links – $72,000
- Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig dual signed photo from 1939 Lou Gehrig appreciation day – $120,000